A little more progress over the last fortnight. I just have a couple of my regulars working on the balustrades and wiring the balustrades. It looks SO much better to remove the plywood boarding around the "house deck". Meanwhile we approacing the completion of the landscaping features with the build of the balustrade. I am pleased with the detail we came up with to hover a piece of flat steel over the balustrade of the "boat deck", which is already being called the "Titanic".
I am back from a couple of days in Goomburra for long time friend Greg's 70th birthday, and headed up to the block Christmas morning. With the boat deck largely completed I tossed the drone into the air to take a few pictures. For a fleeting moment a nautical film about an unseaworthy boat popped into my head, but I forget it's name... Off to John and Jan's this afternoon for a Californian & Australian Christmas.
At long last we finally finished installing the windows. Myself and a couple of helpers installed the two triangular windows above the deck. It took a while to work out a suitable method, but between the three of us inexperienced window installers we nutted it out. The key was to haul them up with a block and tackle attached to some robust straps. There is still one final glass door to do, and that is the bi-folds out to the deck. We have to put in the frame, and fortunately the window company people are coming back to assemble the panels into place. Today at sunset, I took the drone for a spin. As you see, there is also another addition on the roof apex. My nerdy obsession with weather, and my nascent interest in sailing have come together in the colour of my favorite metal. ...and finally to wrap up this monster bonus blog entry I have finally made a decision about addressing my problematic and aging Subaru. I really would like a brand new electric car, but financial cau...
Comments
Post a Comment